The Association of Sculptors of Victoria is an inclusive, not-for-profit collective of contemporary artists whose purpose is to inspire,stimulate and advance the appreciation, creation, and exploration of three-dimensional art in society.

Artists' News and Requests

News

Membership Renewals

We have been unable to send out reminders about membership renewals since well back into last year. There was a glitch with our website which prevented the payment system working. We have recently changed where our website is hosted and now things are working again. We have recently sent reminders to those who owed for this year or last year and have had a very good result. Thank you to those who have paid up.

A warning to any who have not been paid for more than 2 years we will be reviewing our membership data and changing your status to ex-member. This means you will not automatically receive newsletters and other association information.

John Ride - Treasurer

Special Request from Michael Meszaros

I have a booking to showcase my 50 years as a sculptor as a show again. It was cancelled last year. Unfortunately, I need to beg, borrow or steal some pedestals as the venue has none of its own.

Could anybody with pedestals which they don't need for the two months of May and June and are willing to lend to me to let me know. I can discuss what sizes they have with respondents or I can list the sizes I need.
My email is 
meszaros.sculptor@gmail.com and phone is: 0407837538

Thanks,

Michael Meszaros 


Artists' News

Congratulations to Marynes.

“I'm currently a finalist at the 2022 Yarra Valley Arts/Yering Station Sculpture Award & Exhibition and I am one of the eight artists selected for the Lorne Sculpture Biennale 2022 SculptureScape Award. I will also hold a solo exhibition titled 'Oasis' during the month of April as the first outcome of a two-year artist residency at BHCAC.”

Marynes Avila

AND.. from Mim Kocher.

“I hope you will find this interesting for the next newsletter. The Yering Station sculpture exhibition & Awards is on now, with the official opening day being Sunday, 27th February 2022 at 1pm. It will be held in the historic barn there and being the 20th exhibition will be a wonderful celebration. Sculptor Savaad Felich started this exhibition and for 15 years was the Exhibition Coordinator and Curator. Dr Ewen Jarvis is now in that position and has been since Savaad retired.

This year there are 59 finalists, including ASV members Mim Kocher, Graeme Hardidge and Jenny Reddin and perhaps others whom I don’t know.

The indoor exhibition ends on 3rd April and the outdoor one on 25th April. It’s a stunning exhibition. Thanks, Cheers” Mim Kocher 


From Bruce Webb

“Congratulations to Andre Sardone, who has an exhibition at the VAS. I saw the show on Sunday.I thought the sculptures were quirky and imaginative, but thoughtful, I was made to look twice and contemplate why. Andre also had an open studio all weekend in Bendigo. What a busy fellow.”


 





No comments: