We cooperate as an association to advance the practice of sculpture and the reputation and appreciation of sculpture and sculptors in the community. This is regardless of whether or not we make a living from sculpture and regardless of our preferred style or medium. To this end we support artists’ moral rights, we advocate a professional attitude to the production and presentation of work and encourage the artistic and intellectual stimulation of interaction amongst artists of all persuasions.
ASV MIFGS Sculpture Exhibition 2013 (20-24 March)
First we have the judge's comments and images of the winning works and then a letter from Mark Cowie Curator - to the exhibitors.
The judge, John Wooller had a pretty tough job selecting prizes - and here are his comments:
I would like to congratulate The Association of Sculptors of Victoria for, once again, mounting an exhibition of sculpture of great variety of forms, materials, techniques and aesthetics. I think there are very few aspects of sculpture that are not exhibited here, which reflects not only the true nature of sculpture but the diversity of sculptors within the Association.
|Dean Bowen with president Gillian Govan and secretary John Bishop|
Another very successful monthly meeting was held on March 13th well attended by members who were greatly entertained and impressed with the presentation by accomplished Melbourne artist Dean Bowen.
• the proposal is put to the committee,
• once accepted it is put to the members who vote in a general meeting,
• the life membership is effective from the next membership cycle (generally the financial year) and the medallion is presented at the next annual exhibition.
I am honoured to propose Valda Cuming as an honorary life member of the Association of Sculptors of Victoria.
- a video clip of a talk with Paul Keating
- announcement of an exhibition and art prize in Ballarat
- some news about Sculpture by the Sea Cottesloe
- more about art experiences in Thailand
- notice of Esther Goldberg in exhibition at White Hill Gallery