The Association of Sculptors of Victoria is an inclusive, not-for-profit collective of contemporary artists whose purpose is to inspire,stimulate and advance the appreciation, creation, and exploration of three-dimensional art in society.

Sculptors at Melbourne International Flower and Garden Show 2015: Elnaz Nourizadeh

Monica and Elnaz (right) ready to help clay modelling
at Herring Island in January 2015
Elnaz was born in 1985 in Tehran, Iran. She started art and ceramic work in 2006 under the supervision of Maryam Salour, one of the leading ceramicists and sculptors in Iran. Elnaz arrived in Melbourne in 2013.

"I work predominantly with clay and glazes as main medium because it gives me freedom and allows me to create any shape I desire, I also include wood or metal occasionally in some of my Art pieces.

Each of my sculptures manifests a period in my life; emotions, everything I feel, see and experience.

Overtime my sculptures have transitioned from statements about restrictions in my life to ideas of freedom and breaking the barriers.

In this period of my life most of my feelings and emotions were affected by the move to the new free country and getting out of the limited environment and my sculptures demonstrate all previously hidden feelings.

"Punch Out" Elnaz Nourizadeh fired ceramic


In the sculpture that I exhibit in The Melbourne International Flower and Garden Show, I  present a person (the bird) breaking out of the rules and boundaries and leaving them behind for a free life.

Cheers
Elnaz"

No comments: