|Elnaz on Instagram as elnazceramics|
Going alone you can go faster, going with others you can go further
These days with all new devices and technologies we need to think differently.
Lets use them, artists don’t have to wait to die to become famous and they don’t have to die poor.
Social media is a tool and a really powerful one. We only need to know how to use it, and use it.
Here are some tips:
First find the best social media tool for yourself Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snap, Pinterest or anything else, you don’t have to have all of them at the same time because it’s time consuming. But if you already have a Facebook page you can have Instagram, by linking them together you can manage both of them at the same time. Or if you think Twitter is the best medium for you, use it but really use it. You also can link Instagram to your Tweets.
- The most important thing for a visual artist is images of their work. Post a good photo of your piece, we are all artists, think creative like an artist instead of using ugly and messy photos with plenty of unrelated stuff in the background. Having a good photo is not easy but it’s effective. You can take a good photo even with your smartphone if you just practice more.
- Use a simple piece of white, black or grey cardboard for the background. Sometimes using nice colours as a background will help to show your pieces more meaningful, but to keep it simple at the beginning use a simple grey or white colour.
- Post regularly, at least post once or twice in week. You can post about your ideas, your new piece, practicing or anything - working steps.
- Put yourself out there. There is only specific time and specific person who will be the owner of your amazing art piece, don’t miss that by just keeping your amazing art piece on your studio shelf.
- Use hashtags such as #victoriansculptures #sculpture #design #art #contemporary or anything related to the photo you share.
- It doesn’t matter if you post something about your cat or dog or fish or anything you like every once in awhile, we are artists but we are also human.
- Check other people’s profiles, see what they post and which hashtags they use.
- Definitely follow our profile:
- And let us know what your profile is so that we can follow you back.
- If you made a new sculpture, send a photo to Elnaz email@example.com with name, size and material. it’s better for it to be a square or at least to fit in a square crop. She will post it and tag your profile.
- Go and update your artist page in ASV website, add a photo of yourself and artist statement and share it in your Facebook and Twitter. Our website has a really good ranking in Google, if someone searches your name, ASV’ website is one of the top results.
- A month before your exhibition post something about it, next post two weeks before and two more a day before the exhibition day and on the opening day. Let people know when the opening is.
- Don’t forget #galleryopening