The Association of Sculptors of Victoria is an inclusive, not-for-profit collective of contemporary artists whose purpose is to inspire,stimulate and advance the appreciation, creation, and exploration of three-dimensional art in society.

Members' News

We hardly knew Don McKinnon - just his work at exhibitions and then the long gap and his death - well here's a poem of his to remind us of him:

 


A Life Changing Experience


Now great events may come and go
To change us not at all,
The things that move us most I find
Are often very small.
 Like Wordsworth with his daffodils
Upon a summers day
And not some grand experience
In countries far away.


For I have seen the Albatross
While sailing ‘round Cape Horn
And climbed Mt. Sinai in the dark
To watch the breaking dawn.
Went to the land of my ancestors
And stayed there for a while,
Then journeyed to the pyramids
And sailed the mighty Nile.
Grand Canyon, yes I’ve been there too

Also Niagara Falls.
I climbed the Andes Mountains to see
Some crumbling Inca walls.
I’ve walked the streets of Jerusalem
To wonder at it all,
And felt a presence when I touched
The ancient Wailing Wall.
 
 
 

But the reason why I fear not death,
Be it late or soon,
Is because one winter’s night I saw
A rainbow round the moon.


 Poem by (the late) Don McKinnon


***************************************** 
 
 
Not only is Qdos Gallery in Lorne a premiere arts venue - but you can treat yourself to any number of arts courses in a seriously pleasant environment.

See more at www.qdosarts.com

No comments: