The Association of Sculptors of Victoria is an inclusive, not-for-profit collective of contemporary artists whose purpose is to inspire,stimulate and advance the appreciation, creation, and exploration of three-dimensional art in society.

Appreciation Note from a Client on a Sculpture

An Exhibitor, who is not a professional sculptor, recently received the following thanks from a
client. It is reproduced here on an anonymous basis to remind us all of the possible value of our work.
The work has been renamed “Tina” to maintain anonymity, which is at the sculptor’s request.
“I just wanted to personally say how beautiful & enigmatic I think Tina is, and thank you for
creating such a wonderful focal point for our garden. She has really brought the garden some ‘natural formality’ and she is positioned perfectly. I hope she likes her city view!
“Anyway I couldn’t be more pleased. She has re- inspired me over our hillside garden, everything here is hard fought, and I sometimes get dispirited as we try to carve a garden into the steep bushland. Now I only have to look at her to feel invigorated and enthused with possibility. So maybe she has a little of the ‘pioneer’ women spirit in her – I think particularly in this corner of the Dandenongs. European women (esp Dutch and English!) have been trying to create a little bit of Eden for the last 100 tears!
“We are going to get a little nameplate attached to her with your name, 2010, and ‘Tina’ if that is Ok.
“Will send you pics once the camera is operational.
”Many, many thanks for your wonderful talent.”

No comments: