We cooperate as an association to advance the practice of sculpture and the reputation and appreciation of sculpture and sculptors in the community. This is regardless of whether or not we make a living from sculpture and regardless of our preferred style or medium. To this end we support artists’ moral rights, we advocate a professional attitude to the production and presentation of work and encourage the artistic and intellectual stimulation of interaction amongst artists of all persuasions.
ASV Diary Dates
● Wednesday 2nd to Sunday 5th April Melbourne International Flower and Garden Show
● There is no April monthly meeting
● Melbourne Prize for Urban Sculpture entries close 9th May
● Sunday 18th May ASV monthly meeting - hosted by Jan and John Wooller, this picnic meeting is the perfect opportunity for country members to join us.
● Wednesday 11th June ASV monthly meeting at the Hawthorn Community Arts Room at 7:30pm. Richard Granville Smith will talk about his development into graphite sculpture
● 30th June ASV membership renewals due.